Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Adventurous Weekend...

Road trips are mini vacations that actually take you away from home, even if just for a day.
This last Saturday, Nicko and I woke up very early (8:00AM!!!) to take Creasy on a mini adventure... yup, we went to the doggie park in White Rock, right by the White Rock Lake. Creasy's face lite up when we told him he could get in the car with us to go get breakfast. Yummy Chick-fil-A was on the menu for us. When we arrived to our destination, Creasy was very curious, he was sniffing everything out. Nicko talked to a person with a Kayak about the intriguing things about kayaking. The man went in the water, and then to our surprise, there went in Creasy!!! It was truly the highlight of the morning. After dropping Creasy off at home, Nicko and I went to Lot, Texas. It's about 30 mins Southeast of Waco. We were in search of Nicko's dream truck, VW Rabbit Truck 1980 something. Well needless to say, we didn't find what we were looking for... but, we did get to see the outside of the Dr. Pepper Museum! Did you know that Dr. Pepper was originated in Waco, Texas? I'm guessing this is why Texans are addicted to the 23 flavors of Dr. Pepper. I know that my family is a huge Dr. Pepper fan. After visiting the museum, we went to a Mexican restaurant called Ninfa's where we tried some fajitas, and fried ice cream! YUMMY! After this long journey we decided to drive back home. I read to Nicko in the car so that way he wouldn't fall asleep.
On Sunday Morning, I had a cheer leading event in Irving. It was so much fun waking up early to get ready for my cheerleaders to play flag football. I'm not a sporty kind of person, but running in the hot 100 degree weather with 20 of my favorite girls and boys it was worth it. My Yo Bro was there too, being the paparazzi! After a long morning playing in the sun, Jess and I went to all our favorite Dollar Stores to look for great buys to give as gifts to the Cheerleaders for Cheer Camp. Success! We found all we needed, jewelry, makeup bags, glitter and frames.
When I got home, Nicko and I were starving, so off to run errands at Target and to try out a new restaurant in Cedar Hill - well, it's not new, but new for me because I have never been there. After dinner the sun was still shinning so we decided to head to Duncanville to visit Nicko's Family and enjoy their swimming pool!!! We were there till the sun went down, it was very relaxing. When we finally got home, we decided to end the weekend with a movie, and watched a really good one called The Blind Side. I recommend it to everyone.
It was a perfect weekend for us. I hope your was just as good.


















Love,
Lala

No comments:

Post a Comment